May 10, 2012Time:
8:00 am - 12:00 pmAdd to your calendar
Location: Show map
260 Girard Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
860-768-5869Email: email@example.com Registration:
$165.00 Non-Member Price:
(Click appropriate link to purchase tickets)
Budget Management: Managing Project Costs
Project Management Certificate Requirement
Once a project scope has been defined, project costs need to be established. The first step in successfully managing a project's costs is to develop a budget that realistically reflects the costs required to execute the project.
- What is the right approach to budget a project?
- How do you control project costs to ensure you meet the budget?
- What are the right contingencies to carry from inititation through planning & design?
- What happens when an estimate is over budget?
- How do you get the project back on budget?
Learn how to create master budget projects that identify all hard and soft costs to ensure your project cost reflects a complete number.
This workshop will discuss the tools needed to develop reliable cost estimates working upward from the project's work activities (bottom-up estimating) to include costs for construction, consulting fees, operations, equipment and furnishings, move management, contingency allowances (including pricing, design, construction and escalation) for short and long term multi-year projects.
Jim McManus - S/L/A/M
Special Thanks to our Professional Development Workshop Underwriters